Teacher’s Starter Kit
All kit items may also be purchased separately, and many may be downloaded or viewed online free of charge.
Helpful for training new teachers, substitutes, or alternates. The kit includes:
- Leadership Training Guide — Step by step guidelines to help you start, administer, and teach a class, lead a discussion group, and provide nursery and childcare. Pages are reproducible for leader training. (40 pages) Click here for free download.
- Guidelines for Preparing a Lecture (audio CD) — Four Joy of Living teachers share their systems of preparing and giving a lecture. (75 minutes) Click here for information on free mp3 download.
- Planning & Leading a Bible Study (DVD) — Presented by Nancy Collins. 45-minute training video. Click here for links to view free online. Topics addressed are:
- how to develop and administer Bible study groups
- how to improve your leadership skills
- how to use small groups to strengthen the unity of the church and reach out to the community
- Adding Dramatic Elements To Your Teaching (DVD) — Presented by Sharon Simonian. Add some excitement to your next talk by using some simple dramatic techniques any speaker can use. No previous drama training is required! (60 min.)